Saturday, January 3, 2009

Project 365 Day 2



Here's the shot for Day 2--it's the lilikoi vine. The cutting of the vine from Ken & Jen's Pacific Heights house that they gifted us with when we moved to Kailua in 2002. They kindly gave us a cutting of the lilikoi and a bunch of Monstera from Ken's Dad's house in Nu'uanu. I am proud to say that I have harvested several batches of lilkoi from this vine, and haven't killed it yet =0)! The Monstera, on the other hand are hanging in there, but the slugs love 'em and munch the leaves to our dismay. 

This year's crop has produced about 2 1/2 dozen lilikoi, which I will juice and turn into lilikoi butter to have with scones! Mmmm! When I get to it, I will post the recipes for the butter and the scones.

Would anyone like a cutting? LMK, I'm planning to cut the vine back after the final 8 lilikoi are harvested. 




No comments:

Post a Comment