Happy New Year everyone--Chinese New Year that is--whichever way you say it =0) Kung Hee Fat Choy, Gung Hay Fat Tsai, etc...
We took in the festivities (without the girls) on Friday evening with Marcy, Mike, their girls and family in Chinatown. We wandered the streets, Maunakea and part of King Street and saw lots of Lion dances and firecrackers lit up for good luck in the New Year.
We had a yummy dinner at Ruby's of won ton with HOT sauce. I was surprised that there weren't flames coming out of Mike's ears!
That's one of the lions we saw dancing on the street and the other shot is of the lion (I like those white ones!) dancing in front of Eastern Garden Foods, which belongs to the Auntie of one of Brookie's Girl Scout friends.
I was a little sad that the girls weren't with us, but Craig had a good time, and that made me happy.
We saw the lions at the Cultural Plaza doing the platform on poles type of lion dancing, which is scary in itself. I video-ed it, but I can't upload it, the file is too big. Oh well...
No comments:
Post a Comment